FORM Academy Announcement!
FORM Body Lab and FORM Pilates Academy are so excited to announce the official launch of our 2021 Pilates Teacher Training Program!
Commencing January 15, 2021, The Academy’s Mat and Equipment Teacher Training Program will offer a comprehensive and immersive curriculum that not only meets, but exceeds, the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) requirements.
FORM Pilates Academy Teacher Training Program is a unique and all-inclusive course that will prepare students to teach in a variety of settings, including Physiotherapy clinics and private Pilates studios.
Our diverse and specialized faculty consist of master Pilates and Yoga instructors, Physiotherapists, RMTs and Pelvic Floor specialists, providing expert, multidisciplinary guidance throughout all of our learning modules.
Certification modules are divided between Mat and Apparatus coursework, and include practical, academic and observational components that work in harmony to develop well-rounded, confident instructors.
Our courses have been developed to be completed in-person in small, safe groups at our integrated Campus and Learning Lab. However, all of our lectures will available virtually to our students who are unable to join us in studio for reasons related to Covid-19. We are also excited to now be accepting applications from remote students who want to learn with us virtually (upon Academy approval).
FORM Pilates Academy has teamed up with FORM Body Lab, Vancouver’s premier Pilates and holistic wellness studio, to offer in-person training in Vancouver’s most beautiful and luxurious studio.
This incredible opportunity gives students the ability to fully immerse themselves in their teacher training journey, with learning, practice, observation, and apprenticeship all available within the same space.
FORM Body Lab will host in-person lectures, allow scheduled time for practice and observation hours and will be accepting students to teach at the studio during their apprentice period (after the successful completion of both the equipment and mat teacher training and self-practice hours). This is an amazing opportunity to learn from FORM’s team, who are some of the industry’s top instructors, physiotherapists, RMTs and movement experts.
FORM Pilates Academy’s Teacher Training Program is an enriched program, fostering instructors who will be able to go on to teach in any setting, including specialized or rehabilitative clinics. To ensure your preparedness for your Pilates instruction journey, and to maintain the efficacy of our coursework, we require that potential students have an established repertoire in Pilates and meet the following prerequisites prior to joining our teacher training program:
- A minimum of 10 hours of formal Pilates training. This can include:
- Attendance at group mat or equipment classes taught by a certified instructor,
- Private mat or apparatus training at a recognized studio or clinic
- Attendance at clinical Pilates appointments, or
- Proven completion of online or virtual classes
- A combination of physical or movement expertise and/or formal Pilates experience:
- Qualified physiotherapists, Registered Massage Therapists, or other professionals (such as dancers or elite athletes) or experienced movement practitioners should contact us for more information on waiving application requirements
- Physical Readiness: Potential students should be able to safely and competently complete all aspects of our course components and learned exercises, as per the Physical Readiness Screening included in the application process.
- All students must have a valid Mat Pilates certification prior to entering the Apparatus Training Program:
- This can be acquired through FORM Pilates Academy (commencing January 2021) or another approved Pilates teacher training program. Outside certification approval is up to the sole discretion of FORM Pilates Academy.
- You can contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions prior to applying and paying the application fee.
- Students applying for the Apparatus training program with mat certifications from a different school must still apply and audition to FORM Pilates Academy. Students with FORM Pilates Academy mat certifications do not need to re-apply or audition for the apparatus program and will be given admission priority, as space is limited.
We know that there have been significant barriers this year to receiving formal pilates training, and we don’t want our curriculum to be another. If you haven’t reached the prerequisite experience hours yet, you are still able to apply! Our assessment during the application and audition process allows us to create a learning program that is individualized and tailored to each students’ needs and level of experience.
FORM Pilates Academy’s goal is to meet you where you are and guide you to where you need to be!
Upon acceptance into the Academy, you will be invited to take part in our Academy Prep Course throughout December and January.
The Academy Prep Course is designed to set you up for success and to help you reach the minimum pre-requisites if you haven’t done so upon application; it can include virtual group classes, semi-private classes and one-on-one training. The Academy Prep Course will look different for each student, as each component will be recommended based on where you are at with your Pilates journey. These services will be provided at an additional cost by FORM Body Lab, at a discounted rate for Academy students.
Applications for the 2021 academic year are now open. Mat Pilates applications will be accepted until November 30th, 2020 and Apparatus Applications will be accepted until February 15th, 2021. Priority to our Apparatus program will be given to those who are registered for our Mat Certification course.
We are committed to the integrity and excellence of our course outline and to providing a learning atmosphere that is positive, professional and safe for all of our students. To ensure that this program is the best fit for you, our Application Process consists of 3 stages:
- A written application
- Phone interview
Steps to apply
- Download the application form or request one from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a MindBody Online Client Profile with FORM Body Lab, and input all of your required details, including credit card and general intake and waiver- you can do this here.
- Once we review your pre-requisites to ensure you qualify, we will process your $125 application fee. After processing your application fee we will continue with verifying your pre-requisites (proof of pre-requisites is required), phone interview, scheduling your audition and creating an individualized course preparedness plan for you.
Please note: This application fee is non-refundable, regardless of admission to the program.
- To submit your application, complete the steps above, and email email@example.com with a pdf version of your written application and proof that you meet our prerequisite requirements (proof of professional designation, visit history from Pilates studio or a letter from a Pilates studio you’ve attended).
- Once we have received your application payment, we will review your application. If you meet the prerequisite and have provided the required supporting documents FORM Pilates Academy will invite you to audition for the program.
- If you successfully pass the audition, the next step is a phone interview.
- Successful interviewees will be invited to register to the program.
- Mat Pilates training (a pre-requisite for all Equipment courses) will begin on January 15th, 2020
*Note: If you are a physiotherapist, RMT or other qualified health practitioner please contact us for information on modified requirements and course programming, as you may be exempt from a portion of the course relating to anatomy and scope of practice, etc.
For an in-depth look at our program, course outline and pricing, please visit the FORM Pilates Academy page HERE.
Or contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Mat Pilates Program Schedule:
January 15th – March 14th, 2021
(subject to change based on enrolment)
- Mat Level 1:
- Friday Jan. 15th : 5-7pm
- Saturday, Jan. 16th : 9am-5pm
- Sunday Jan. 17th : 9am – 4pm
- Saturday, Jan. 23rd : 9am – 4pm
Mat Level 2:
- Sunday, Jan. 24th: 9am – 4pm
- Saturday, Feb. 6th : 9am – 5pm
- Sunday, Feb 7th : 9am – 4pm
- Saturday, Feb. 20th : 9am – 5pm
Mat Level 3:
- Sunday, Feb. 21st : 9am – 4pm
- Friday, Feb. 26th : 5pm – 7pm (Mat Level 2 Exam & Practice Hours)
- Saturday, Feb. 27th : 9am – 5pm
- Sunday, Feb. 28th : 9am -4pm
- Friday, March 12th : 5pm – 7pm (Level 3 Exam & Practice Hours)
- Saturday, March 13th : 12pm – 4pm (Practice Teaching)
- Sunday, March 14th : time TBD | FINAL MAT EXAM
2021 Apparatus Program Schedule:
(Dates Subject to change based on enrolment)
March 19th – July 18th, 2021
- Reformer 1-3:
- Friday, Mar 19th : 5pm – 7pm
- Saturday, March 20th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, March 21st : 9am – 4pm
- Saturday, March 27th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, March 28th : 9am – 4pm
- Friday, April 9th : 5pm – 7pm (Reformer Level I Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
- Saturday, April 10th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, April 11th : 9am – 4pm
- Friday, April 16th : 5pm – 7pm (Reformer Level II Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
- Saturday, Apr 17th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, April 18th : 9am – 3pm
- Friday, April 23rd : 5pm – 7pm (Reformer Level III Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
- Saturday, April 24th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, April 25th : 9am – 3pm
- Friday, May 14th : 5pm – 7pm (Cadillac Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
- Saturday, May 15th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, May 16th : 9am – 3pm
- Saturday, May 29th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, May 30th : 9am – 3pm
- June 4th : 5pm – 7pm (Chair Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
- Saturday, June 5th : 9am – 4pm
- Sunday June 6th : 9am – 4pm
- Friday June 11th : 5pm – 7pm (Barrel Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
Auxiliary Equipment + Teaching Methods:
- Saturday, June 12th : 9am – 3pm
- Sunday, June 13th : 9am – 3pm
- Friday, June 25th : 5pm – 7pm (Auxiliary Written Exam + Practice Teaching)
- Saturday, June 26th : 12pm – 4pm (Supervised Practice Teaching / Final Exam Prep.)
- Sunday, June 27th : 12pm – 4pm (Supervised Practice Teaching / Final Exam Prep.)
- Saturday, July 17th – Sunday, July 18th : FINAL APPARATUS PRACTICAL + WRITTEN EXAMS