FORM Academy Announcement!
FORM Body Lab and FORM Pilates Academy are so excited to announce the official launch of our 2021 Pilates Teacher Training Program!
Commencing January 15, 2021, The Academy’s Mat and Equipment Teacher Training Program will offer a comprehensive and immersive curriculum that not only meets, but exceeds, the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) requirements.
FORM Pilates Academy Teacher Training Program is a unique and all-inclusive course that will prepare students to teach in a variety of settings, including Physiotherapy clinics and private Pilates studios.
Our diverse and specialized faculty consist of master Pilates and Yoga instructors, Physiotherapists, RMTs and Pelvic Floor specialists, providing expert, multidisciplinary guidance throughout all of our learning modules.
Certification modules are divided between Mat and Apparatus coursework, and include practical, academic and observational components that work in harmony to develop well-rounded, confident instructors.
Our courses have been developed to be completed in-person in small, safe groups at our integrated Campus and Learning Lab.
FORM Pilates Academy has teamed up with FORM Body Lab, Vancouver’s premier Pilates and holistic wellness studio, to offer in-person training in Vancouver’s most beautiful and luxurious studio.
This incredible opportunity gives students the ability to fully immerse themselves in their teacher training journey, with learning, practice, observation, and apprenticeship all available within the same space.
FORM Body Lab will host in-person lectures, allow scheduled time for practice and observation hours and will be accepting students to teach at the studio during their apprentice period (after the successful completion of both the equipment and mat teacher training and self-practice hours). This is an amazing opportunity to learn from FORM’s team, who are some of the industry’s top instructors, physiotherapists, RMTs and movement experts.
FORM Pilates Academy’s Teacher Training Program is an enriched program, fostering instructors who will be able to go on to teach in any setting, including specialized or rehabilitative clinics. To ensure your preparedness for your Pilates instruction journey, and to maintain the efficacy of our coursework, we require that potential students have an established repertoire in Pilates and meet the following prerequisites prior to joining our teacher training program:
- A minimum of 20 hours of formal Pilates training. This can include:
- Attendance at group mat or equipment classes taught by a certified instructor,
- Private mat or apparatus training at a recognized studio or clinic
- Attendance at clinical Pilates appointments, or
- Proven completion of online or virtual classes
- A combination of physical or movement expertise and/or formal Pilates experience:
- Qualified physiotherapists, Registered Massage Therapists, or other professionals or experienced movement practitioners should contact us for more information on waiving application requirements
- Physical Readiness: Potential students should be able to safely and competently complete all aspects of our course components and learned exercises, as per the Physical Readiness Screening included in the application process.
- All students must have a valid Mat Pilates certification prior to entering the Apparatus Training Program:
- This can be acquired through FORM Pilates Academy (commencing January 2021) or another approved Pilates teacher training program. Outside certification approval is up to the sole discretion of FORM Pilates Academy.
- You can contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions prior to applying and paying the application fee.
- Students applying for the Apparatus training program with mat certifications from a different school must still apply and audition to FORM Pilates Academy. Students with FORM Pilates Academy mat certifications do not need to re-apply or audition for the apparatus program and will be given admission priority, as space is limited.
Applications for the 2021 academic year are now open. Mat Pilates applications will be accepted until November 16th, 2020 and Apparatus Applications will be accepted until February 15th, 2021. Priority to our Apparatus program will be given to those who are registered for our Mat Certification course.
We are committed to the integrity and excellence of our course outline and to providing a learning atmosphere that is positive, professional and safe for all of our students. To ensure that this program is the best fit for you, our Application Process consists of 3 stages:
- A written application
- Phone interview
Steps to apply
- Download the application form or request one from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a MindBody Online Client Profile with FORM Body Lab, and input all of your required details, including credit card and general intake and waiver- you can do this here.
- Purchase the application fee by clicking this link.
Please note: This application fee is non-refundable. The application fee goes towards the cost of our faculty reviewing and processing your application, conducting your phone interview and audition.
- To submit your application, complete the steps above, and email email@example.com with a pdf version of your written application and proof that you meet our prerequisite requirements (proof of professional designation, visit history from Pilates studio or a letter from a Pilates studio you’ve attended).
- Once we have received your application payment, we will review your application. If you meet the prerequisite and have provided the required supporting documents FORM Pilates Academy will invite you to audition for the program.
- If you successfully pass the audition, the next step is a phone interview.
- Successful interviewees will be invited to register to the program.
- Mat Pilates training (a pre-requsite for all Equipment courses) will begin on January 15th, 2020
*Note: If you are a physiotherapist, RMT or other qualified health practitioner please contact us for information on modified requirements and course programming, as you may be exempt from a portion of the course relating to anatomy and scope of practice, etc.
For an in-depth look at our program, course outline and pricing, please visit the FORM Pilates Academy page HERE.
Or contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Mat Pilates Program Schedule:
January 15th – March 14th, 2021
(subject to change based on enrolment)
- January 15th, 2021: 4:30pm – 7pm
- January 16th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- January 17th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- January 23rd, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- January 24th, 2021: 9am – 4pm
- February 5th, 2021: 4:30pm – 7pm
- February 6th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- February 7th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- February 20th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- February 21st, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- February 26th, 2021: 4:30pm – 6pm
- February 27th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- February 28th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- March 14th, 2021: 4:30p – 7pm (Final Exam)
2021 Apparatus Program Schedule:
(Dates Subject to change based on enrolment)
March 20th – July 25th, 2021
- March 20th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- March 21st, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- March 26th, 2021: 5pm – 7pm
- March 27th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- March 28th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- April 9th, 2021: 4:30pm – 7pm
- April 10th, 2021: 12pm – 5:30pm
- April 11th, 2021: 9am – 4:30pm
- April 30th, 2021: 4:30pm – 6pm
- May 1st, 2021: 12:30pm – 6pm
- May 2nd, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- May 15th, 2021: 12:30 – 6pm
- May 16th, 2021: 9am – 4:30pm
- May 29th, 2021: 12:30pm – 6pm
- May 30th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- June 5th, 2021: 12:30 – 5:30
- June 6th, 2021: 9am – 4pm
- June 11th, 2021: 4:30pm – 6pm
- June 12th, 2021: 2:30 pm – 6:30pm
- June 13th, 2021: 9am – 4:30pm
- June 26th, 2021: 12:30pm – 6:30pm
- June 27th, 2021: 9am – 5pm
- July 10th, 2021: 12:30pm – 5:30pm
- July 11th, 2021: 9am – 3:30pm
- July 23rd, 2021: 4:30pm – 6pm
- July 24th, 2021: 12:30pm – 6:30pm
- July 25th, 2021: 9am – 4:30pm