TO OUR FORM FAMILY,
We are so excited to welcome you back to our beautiful studio as of Thursday May 21st!
We have taken the time to review and implement the new recommendations and bylaws put forward by our Health Authorities, Work Safe BC, The College of Physiotherapists of BC, and The College of Registered Massage Therapists of BC and the relevant associations. We are now ready to welcome you back with our new protocols in place. We know that this idea of a ‘new normal’ is not ideal, and we recognize these measures as temporary. That said, we have taken care in curating a relaxing and positive experience for you while adhering to these new regulations.
What to expect at your next appointment:
- We have split our days in half and our team into two groups. We have also allowed a 45 minute break for team change over and a thorough mid-day cleaning each day.
- We have a morning team and evening team. As a client (and household), you will be assigned to one of these two teams. Whichever team member you and/or someone else in your household have an appointment with first, will be the team you household will be assigned to while we are abiding by this new policy.
- Our teams are as follows:
Morning Crew (8 am – 1 pm):
Evening Crew (2pm – 7pm):
TBD: Doug, Katherine, Jessica
- We want to catch up with you, too, but please do not linger after your session. We have a lot of cleaning to do between you and the next client, and for hygiene reasons, we won’t start this until you leave. Our team needs these precious minutes between clients to ensure the health and safety of everyone who enters our studio. For the same reason, we will not be able to run over your appointment time, so please do not be late.
Arrival & Entry:
- We will have reduced reception hours for the time being. Therefore, the studio door will remain locked even when we’re open. Please wait in the hallway for us to come to get you.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment starts.
- You will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire 24 hours before your sessions and again upon arrival.
- Upon arrival, please remove your shoes and socks – no outdoor shoes past the welcome mat.
- Please bring a clean pair of socks with you and put them on upon arrival.
- We have a new sanitization station at the front door. Upon arrival, please use our hand sanitizer and wipes on your hands and any items you bring with you.
- Limit the items you bring with you to the essentials: your keys, wallet, and phone. Locker use is not available at this time.
- Arrive changed and ready to go. Change rooms are not available at this time.
- Arrive alone unless medically required, or you are a minor. Parents must still accompany minors.
- We are welcoming our clients back by appointment only at this time. Unfortunately, we are not offering drop-in group classes yet (stay tuned for updates on this soon!).
While at the studio:
- Bathrooms are available; however, we encourage you to use your own before coming to the studio.
- We are not able to offer mugs or cups right now. Please bring your water bottle.
- There is a guided traffic flow pattern marked on the floor; please follow it to ensure a 6-foot distance from other clients and staff.
- Each treatment room and reformer is equipped with everything we need for your session. We are no longer sharing props or equipment; this may mean that some of the props or equipment you’re used to using will be unavailable for a little while.
- We will sanitize everything between clients to ensure everything you touch is clean. No soft props allowed right now.
- Pilates: You will be required to sanitize your hands each time before putting them in the straps. You will be required to bring a clean pair of socks for your Pilates sessions to use while your feet are in the straps.
- We have implemented an hourly cleaning schedule for all common areas and high touch surfaces with medical-grade disinfectant.
- We will allow extra time between clients to disinfect all equipment and treatment rooms. Our team will do all the cleaning (Pilates clients you’re off the hook for now! 😉
- Linens (as always) will be sanitized and washed between each client.
- All staff will wash their hands between clients and upon arrival at the studio.
- No one is allowed to attend the studio if they are sick or symptomatic. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All staff and clients will be pre-screened before coming into the studio. You will receive details on this in your appointment confirmation email. Please ensure you are receiving these important emails. If you do not get an appointment confirmation email upon booking, please email us at email@example.com so we can amend this for you.
- If you have any cold-like symptoms or do not meet the screening criteria, you will be required to reschedule your appointment.
If you are unsure if you should attend the studio (or anywhere else) you can use the Self Assessment tool below:
- We have measured 6ft between all ‘work stations’. Please follow the traffic pattern laid out on the floor to accommodate physical distancing.
- Staggered appointments to reduce capacity and allow for physical distancing.
Mask Wearing & PPE:
- For right now, EVERYONE is required to wear a mask while in the studio.
- If you have a mask, please bring it with you and put it on before entering the building.
- If you do not have one, we can sell you a disposable one for $3.
- Our staff will be wearing clean, work only designated clothes and shoes.
Payment and scheduling:
- To reduce everyone’s exposure to one another and to limit our capacity, we will not be accommodating any in-person scheduling at this time. Please request all your appointments online or via email.
- All payments will now only be available through Mindbody Online. We will require a credit card on your file, and we will charge your session or package to that credit card at the time of service. No debit or cash payments accepted.
- Visa and Mastercard only.
- We will not be providing paper receipts – all receipts will be emailed to you. If needed, you can print them at home.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. If changes to our policy are needed, we will do so promptly. Please let us know if you have any concerns at all.
If you are high risk or don’t feel comfortable attending our studio right now, we welcome you to continue with virtual sessions until that changes. We are happy to provide both in-person and virtual services for the foreseeable future.
If you are unsure if you should book in-person or virtual physiotherapy, please contact us. We are offering free 5-minute phone calls with your physiotherapist to help you navigate what’s best for you.
We are very grateful to have you all back in the studio with us and can’t wait to see you soon!