After a season of Christmas parties, family feasts, and holiday cheer, it’s fair to say that we’ve all had our share of indulgences. With 2016 underway, now is when many plan to kick start the New Year with goals of weight loss, consistent exercise, and healthy eating. But year after year, only 8% of people actually stick to their resolutions, while the other 92% sink back into old habits.

At FORM Body Lab, we believe there are two key factors to really #transFORM: Never deprive yourself, and set realistic goals. You’re not going to last on a diet that’s 1,000 calories a day or be able to do three hour workouts 7 days a week. No one can sustain such a restrictive plan; so ensure that your goals and expectations are part of a long-lasting lifestyle change.

 

To help get you started, we’re sharing a quick sequence for those extra-busy days when you’re short on time and can’t make it into the studio. The best part is that you can do this series any time of day, whether it’s first thing in the morning, on your lunch break, or before dinner. This set lasts for just 5 minutes, so if you do it 3 or 4 times throughout the day, you’ll wind up getting 20 minutes of exercise while also keeping your metabolism revved!

918E64CF9F1) 30 seconds of jumping jacks or high knees to warm-up the body

2) 30 second side plank (on the right side)

3) 30 second front plank

4) 30 second side plank (on the left side)

5) 30 second bridging on each leg (1-minute total)

6) Repeat 2x

7) Stretching sequence: Cobra and Downward Dog

   

DSC_0074 1

DSC_0035 1

For the other days of the week, book your classes and private sessions in advance, and treat them like appointments you can’t miss. Our all-levels Pilates Flow with Ariel gets you moving on your lunch break. It’s a fun way to wake up your core, lengthen your muscles, and build strength from the inside out. In addition, our Pilates/Yoga Fusion class fuses the best of ancient yogic spiritual practice with the core stabilizing and regenerative dynamics of Pilates. It teaches a movement system that stretches and strengthens all the major muscle groups, developing a streamlined slenderness rather than bulk. At the same time, it has excellent therapeutic value for calming the mind and spirit, keeping you in shape and stress-free. You can sign up for either of these classes (and all other classes) here.

For those looking for a cardio challenge, we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve just introduced Spring Boards to our Reformer machines! Designed to stimulate both cardiovascular and muscular effectiveness, this workout combines progressive plyometric intervals with muscular strength on a vertical mini trampoline. Contact us to learn more!

Are you looking to #transFORM? Follow us on Instagram and track our hashtag for healthy tips, workouts, and wellness to inspire you for 2016. Also, be sure to tag us on your journey and we’ll cheer you on!

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestGoogle+Email to someone