Right now is, without a doubt, a very crazy time for all of us. Thank you to everyone who has reached out and supported us through these past days of uncertainty.
The time has come to put our services on hold and practice social distancing, or what some are calling ‘social solidarity.’ A way of standing together by being apart. Social solidarity is the way we’ll be approaching what is happening in our community. Together, we stand apart and recognize that we are all one, we are all connected, and our actions as individuals really do matter in the grand scheme of things. We recognize that together, we can and will get through this.
Effective immediately, our studio will close its doors until it is safe to reopen. At this point, our team is canceling all appointments up until April 6th, and we will continue to follow our health official’s guidance as this situation progresses.
We are rapidly looking into video and teleconference options for physio and Pilates sessions and group Pilates and Yoga classes. Please follow us on Instagram for updates or email us to check-in.
Be well, and we can’t wait to stand in the same room together again soon!
Jessica & the FORM team
STAYING HEALTHY THIS SPRING | March 13, 2020
A note from the owner:
At FORM, the health and safety of our clients and staff have always been a top priority. In response to concerns around the COVID-19 outbreak, I want to take a moment to ensure you that we are committed to keeping our studio clean and safe for everyone. Although our team already has a comprehensive cleaning protocol in place, we are taking extra measures during this time to disinfect and clean on a more frequent basis, especially in high traffic and high touch areas.
At this time, The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as LOW for the general population in Canada. As this situation unfolds, we will continue to monitor updates from our health authorities and follow their guidelines for best practices. We ask that you help us prevent the spread of all infections by following the recommended protocols put forward by (PHAC); the most critical being, if you feel sick or have traveled outside of Canada, please stay home for a minimum of 14 days. For a full list of PHAC recommendations and updates, please click here.
Below are the actions we are taking to help minimize the spread of Covid-19 in our community:
Our 24-hour late cancellation policy will remain in effect. However, we will be temporarily relaxing these policies for concerns specifically relating to COVID-19. If you need to cancel because you are sick, please contact us by phone or email at your very earliest availability. We still require reasonable effort to be given for any late cancellation charges to be waived; please contact us right away if you become ill.
The precautions we are taking and what you need to know and do:
• Our staff has been instructed to stay home and self-isolate if they show any signs of illness, we ask that you do the same.
• Our Minister of Health and Dr. Bonnie Henry have recently asked that anyone who has traveled outside of Canada stay away from schools or work for 14 days. We ask that if you have recently traveled at all, to postpone your sessions and classes for 14 days.
• We ask that you wash your hands upon arrival at the studio, using the newly supplied hand soap beside both our filtered water taps in the mat studio and private equipment studio or the bathroom. Our staff wash their hands between each client and before and after their shifts.
• Avoid touching your face and if you do, wash your hands immediately afterwards.
•Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue (even if you think it’s just seasonal allergies).
• We have temporarily removed our water station and cups from the reception area. Please bring your own clean water bottle; you can fill it up using one of our two filtered water taps.
• Our team will be taking extra time to disinfect each piece of equipment, treatment tables, and all high touch areas directly after you use it with new medical-grade disinfectant.
• We ask that you use a hand towel under your head and face throughout your session or class when lying down.
• After a group class, please disinfect all the surfaces you touched during class; this includes all props, mats, and all areas of the equipment (not just the foot bar of the reformers). If you feel more comfortable wiping down your equipment or mat before using it, we welcome you to take this extra step as well – the person before you will not be offended!
• Please do not leave tissues lying around. If you have garbage of any kind, please use the provided lined wastebaskets.
• For the safety of everyone, if you arrive at the studio and show signs of illness, we will not be able to provide your service. The full late cancellation fee will apply to this circumstance.
• If you have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 please postpone your sessions for two weeks or until cleared by your medical team.
• We will be limiting hands-on corrections for the time being and focusing more on verbal explanations and visual demonstrations during private Pilates and group classes.
• We will now be asking all clients to wear socks or Pilates socks during their sessions. We have ordered some Pilates socks for you to purchase if needed. Until that shipment arrives, you can wear regular socks, and we will provide non-slip grip pads for safety.
Thank you for your continued support and assistance. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask us!
Jessica and the entire FORM team